Miss Marianne Faithfull:

Miss Marianne Faithfull:
(Born December 29, 1946) Songs she inspired: She Smiled Sweetly, Let's Spend The Night Together, She's Like A Rainbow, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got The Blues, 100 Years Ago, Winter

Miss Anita Pallenberg:

Miss Anita Pallenberg:
(Born April 6, 1942) Songs she inspired: You Got The Silver, Sister Morphine (words by Marianne), Wild Horses, Coming Down Again, Angie, Beast Of Burden, All About You

Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Got your hair slicked back and those Wayferers on, baby..."

Ray-Ban Wayferer sunglasses are effortlessly cool, and a rather reasonable price for designer shades, ringing up at about $140. I got my teal pair early this past summer, and they are so "me"--I wear them everywhere, despite whether or not they match my ensemble (and they usually don't). I got my little sis the black and white pair she's donning here for Christmas (the inside rims and legs of the glasses are black, which you can't see from this photo).

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit my total LOVE of Don Henley's anthem "Boys Of Summer", but ever since hearing that tune when I was quite young, I've always wanted some Wayferers. Actually, the whole album, Building The Perfect Beast by Henley, is quite good. Cheesy, overproduced '80s material, sure, but still good. I don't fancy myself a huge Eagles fan, mostly because of my affection for country-rock hero (though he hated that term) Gram Parsons, whose cosmic American music influenced the sound the Eagles adopted much more than most people realize. Gram, who died of a drug overdose in 1973, is one of my favourite human beings, a total visionary and unsung hero of his time. It's quite a shame that the fame and status he so desperately wanted while a member of the International Submarine Band, The Byrds, The Flying Burrito Brothers, and as a solo artist was only afforded to him post-humously. Such is life.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all! When the clock struck midnight and ushered in 2009, I was having probably the most fun start to a year that I've ever experienced. Hopefully, these blessings will continue. 2009 is most certainly a year of freedom for me. 'Freedom' in this sense does not come with any sort of sexually promiscuous connotations, mind you, but that I feel very much in charge of my own destiny. This year I promise to myself that I will achieve something that I'm proud of, be it modeling, saving money, moving in with my best friend, doing a photoshoot with Krystal and starting our business, having a successful and happy relationship, or hopefully all of the above.

4 comments:

OhDearLeah said...

love em!

cool blog
xxxx

What is Reality Anyway? said...

i LOOOVE you and mere!! tell mere i have those white wayfarers too, amazing post bff! x

Unknown said...

Boys of Summer is an excellent song.

www.ventaxcatalogo.com said...

Pretty helpful info, much thanks for the article.