Miss Marianne Faithfull:

Miss Marianne Faithfull:
(Born December 29, 1946) Songs she inspired: She Smiled Sweetly, Let's Spend The Night Together, She's Like A Rainbow, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got The Blues, 100 Years Ago, Winter

Miss Anita Pallenberg:

Miss Anita Pallenberg:
(Born April 6, 1942) Songs she inspired: You Got The Silver, Sister Morphine (words by Marianne), Wild Horses, Coming Down Again, Angie, Beast Of Burden, All About You

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy 63rd birthday, Marianne!


Photo by Gered Mankowitz:

With first husband John Dunbar:

With Mick, 1967:

Keith and Marianne, photo by Michael Cooper:

Singing "I Got You Babe" with David Bowie in 1973, during Bowie's famous show, "The 1980 Floor Show":

Happy birthday to one of my favorite women on the planet, miss Marianne Faithfull!  She turns 63 today.  Thank you for your endless inspiration.  How you've changed my life and don't even know it!

All photos = my scans from books, purchased photos and magazine clippings.

5 comments:

Skyrocket to Oblivion said...

I am using some of your Marianne Faithfull pictures on a site of mine, I hope you don't mind. I thanked your blog before I even put the pictures up. And also I LOVED yur Bebe pics, I hadn't seen a whole a lot of them before. Amazing job, as usual.

Leith said...

Feel free to use as many as you want, luv!

Indian Pharmacy said...

Yeah she was beautiful that's a real shame, i wonder why people finish like this in many places.

hcg said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also engaged! I’m sure you had joy writing this article.

гид в барселоне said...

Little doubt, the dude is completely just.