Miss Marianne Faithfull:

Miss Marianne Faithfull:
(Born December 29, 1946) Songs she inspired: She Smiled Sweetly, Let's Spend The Night Together, She's Like A Rainbow, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got The Blues, 100 Years Ago, Winter

Miss Anita Pallenberg:

Miss Anita Pallenberg:
(Born April 6, 1942) Songs she inspired: You Got The Silver, Sister Morphine (words by Marianne), Wild Horses, Coming Down Again, Angie, Beast Of Burden, All About You

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coming colors in the air, everywhere...

These images are all scanned from an old issue of Les Copains magazine which I received in the mail recently. I believe the issue is from '65 or '66. Look at how gorgeous these photos are! I especially love the first one of her in fur. She comes in colors indeed! In the fourth picture down, where Marianne is clad in a sweater and trousers, she actually looks like she has hips and thighs (I mean that in a good way of course). Really a testimony to how anorexic and strung out she would become later in the decade (she suffered from anorexia for years on her own admission). I've been trying to find old magazines that feature incredible photospreads like this, but they're hard to come by. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Stones books and hard-to-find or rare articles, mags, etc. Some are still arriving in the mail, so I hope to get together a decent collection. I haven't yet invested in a top-quality scanner, so I've been using the one at my office (one of those printer/fax/scanner all-in-one devices). If anyone has any recommendations of a good one to purchase, I'd really appreciate it! Click on images for slightly larger copies. If for some reason, you're obsessed with Mari just like I am and want the original sized (huge) photos, just ask!

4 comments:

Hawa said...

i find these images fascinating...i love the certain romanticism attached with this era, one never thinks of the dark associations!

Boo Boo said...

Marianne is gorgeous in all these pics, especially the top one in the fur coat.

www.inmobiliaria.cn said...

I fully agree with whatever thing you have presented.

Louis Vuitton Outlet said...

This topic was really educational and nicely written.