Miss Marianne Faithfull:

Miss Marianne Faithfull:
(Born December 29, 1946) Songs she inspired: She Smiled Sweetly, Let's Spend The Night Together, She's Like A Rainbow, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Wild Horses, I Got The Blues, 100 Years Ago, Winter

Miss Anita Pallenberg:

Miss Anita Pallenberg:
(Born April 6, 1942) Songs she inspired: You Got The Silver, Sister Morphine (words by Marianne), Wild Horses, Coming Down Again, Angie, Beast Of Burden, All About You

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones' US tour, 1969

I've decided that tomorrow I'm going to watch Gimme Shelter, so I decided to post some more photos I've scanned of the Stones during the fall of 1969, when they toured America (for the first time in three years), in support of their best album (my favorite, at least), Let It Bleed. They just looked so fucking cool in this era, the Stones Mach II, including their fresh-faced new guitarist Mick Taylor, and Jagger donning his 'Leo' shirt for, like, a month straight (Mick J is the quintessential Leo, isn't he?). The music was hot, the mood was apocalyptic, and the tour ended at Altamont (post on that later). Enjoy.

The Stones behind the scenes, going through footage:
God, I love Keith in that Marilyn Monroe shirt...
Press conferencing:
Onlookers in middle America:
Backstage:
Opener, the luscious Tina Turner:
The crowd:
Keith, looking especially fine in 1969:
please credit if you repost images

4 comments:

Nicole said...

That's cool! keith is so hot here and I like Mick here as well a little, I love his hat :))


Vote for your favourite Rolling Stone on my site-> http://twistandshout1960s.blogspot.com/

Louis Vuitton Outlet said...

This topic was really educational and nicely written.

Paul said...

Awesome collection of pictures! Haven't seen a bunch of these. Love everything about The Stones 69 US tour. My parents saw them in Boston on this tour and I still have the ticket stubs. Great blog!

coach handbags new 2012 said...

We are all great shoppers coach outlet store online today and are savvy enough to use all our informational resources before buying the Coach goods we intend to purchase. coach outlet